The Frequent Slaying of Louie
Everybody loves a good story (Especially one where somebody dies in the end).Whilst brushing my teeth this morning I chuckled at my contact lens case (Slow morning). It turns out that the good people at Advanced Medical Optics happened across a fact I have known for quite some time: Left equals Awesome (Despite being shafted by the "right hand of God" thing).
And so I set about doing a little research (Slow evening). I came across the usual (probably false) statistics and compiled them for your easy perusal.
10 percent of all Americans are left handed. 10%! (There are more 100% Irish people in America than Lefties). What's more, left handed college educated men stand to earn an eye-popping 21% (doubtful) more in wages than their boring-pawed counterpart. This almost comes close to making up for the 9 years lefties sacrifice of their lives (66 vs 75 yr lifespan) (That was the death scene).
Interestingly, 2/3 of the world's population is right eye-dominant, which refers to the eye your brain favors. This makes the remaining, roughly 1/3 (some are neither) left eye dominant.
The chances of being both left eye and hand dominant, then, is .3%.
You guessed it: I'm one of the .3%.
Interesting play.
Too bad my left eye is 55% worse than my right one (dag).
My Boston contact case has both the L and the R marked on top. They don't discriminate.
Assuming the events are mutually exclusive, wouldn't the probability of left-handed and left eye dominant be P(LH & LE) = P(LH)*P(LE) = 3.3%? My probability is a bit shaky these days.
Oh, I'm one of those wierdos who is right-handed but left eye dominant. No wonder my hand-eye coordination sucks.
Posted by
Goat |
2:56 PM
Fact.
(Must have forgotten a 0!)
I'm willing to blame pretty much anything on my disability.
"What's that Sammy? You don't think I graded your lab practical correctly? Turns out I'm left eye and hand dominant. And you lose. Better luck next time, pal!"
Posted by
ndNips |
8:46 PM