Scene
Apparently a memo was circulated around the Midwest a short time ago regarding the sudden arrival of fall. Missed the memo.
While this may come as a shock, particularly given Minneapolis' infamous reputation for it's long, sun-drenched summers, the mercury has recently fallen well below the 60F mark and botanists around the state are rushing to move their delights indoors in a bid to ward off the nipping cold.
It appears that fall has arrived, bringing with it all that the change in season does. In fact, this cold snap is premature and even caught the local foliage off guard, as the greenery remains just that. Even still, the sudden influx of chilled, dry air has me thinking of autumn.
I move in the fall. Growing up, the fall was a time to get out into the woods, go camping, and track down wily creatures of foot and feather. It was also a time to return to school. Later, it was a time to move off to college and to prepare for football games: The humidity finally lifts and you have places to be.
This is odd, since I don't have anywhere to go.
I've been in school all summer and am continuing to do pretty much the same thing I have been doing... but it is different. People are busy. People are moving.
The chances of my car being hit by hail again are decreasing.
Summer has left and taken with it it's carefree nature.
Fall is here... and it is time to move.
While this may come as a shock, particularly given Minneapolis' infamous reputation for it's long, sun-drenched summers, the mercury has recently fallen well below the 60F mark and botanists around the state are rushing to move their delights indoors in a bid to ward off the nipping cold.
It appears that fall has arrived, bringing with it all that the change in season does. In fact, this cold snap is premature and even caught the local foliage off guard, as the greenery remains just that. Even still, the sudden influx of chilled, dry air has me thinking of autumn.
I move in the fall. Growing up, the fall was a time to get out into the woods, go camping, and track down wily creatures of foot and feather. It was also a time to return to school. Later, it was a time to move off to college and to prepare for football games: The humidity finally lifts and you have places to be.
This is odd, since I don't have anywhere to go.
I've been in school all summer and am continuing to do pretty much the same thing I have been doing... but it is different. People are busy. People are moving.
The chances of my car being hit by hail again are decreasing.
Summer has left and taken with it it's carefree nature.
Fall is here... and it is time to move.
Post a Comment