« Home | Official Mercy Killing Request » | Hey there, Speck! » | Getting Around » | Snakebitten » | Pole Bus » | "I've smoked a joint or two » | *Not here* » | Easy, Knowles. » | 425 C » | Ya know... »

Listen to your mother...

I am grooming myself as a scientist: One who identifies key questions, formulates potential explanations/outcomes, and devises experiments to test said assertion. Last Monday was, as I described it, a "beautiful day." The sun was shining and we had finally broken the 10 degree mark for the first time in two weeks. To celebrate, I decided to take the opportunity to go for a run to shake out the carbon in the old legs. I took off wearing ND Band tear-aways and a hooded sweatshirt, key lanyard in hand. It quickly became apparent that it was too cold to run and listen to the iPod Shuffle, so I ended up carrying that in mitts, as well. I ran all the way downtown and saw many people enjoying a similar activity. There was one stark difference, however: They were all wearing special cold-weather running attire. I, on the other hand, looked like a chump whose car had broken down and was nearly hypothermic, trying desperately to find my way to a wrecker. No hat. No gloves. No fancy pants/jacket. By the time I made it home, I could not feel any of my extremities, had a pounding headache, and a raw throat. As if to intentionally remove all chance of my immune system catching up, I then suppressed it further by staying up until 4am. What follows, predictably, is a week long cold. Before the run, I was fit as a fiddle. Afterwards, I was instantly ailing.

So, it is true what moms say.

About me

  • I'm ndNips
  • From Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
  • The Irish Gopher is an Advanced Ph.D Candidate at the University of Minnesota where he spends most of his time getting scalded while dressed up as a bunny. In his free time, he religiously stalks the University of Notre Dame football team as well as Steven P Jobs. Also, he is really bad at generating nicknames for people.
My profile

Blogroll

NDFB

Etc

Powered by Blogger