« Home | A Rose by Any Other Name » | Mybichael » | Christmas in the City of Lakes » | Bizarre » | MONKEY SPUNK » | What are you doing here? » | Defrocked » | Cue the Requiem- » | Grab Bag » | Ethinary »

Just the first day of class

So, it turns out that the weekend, and hence, the break, is now over. Not without a little fun, though! Saturday involved rocking. Sunday involved much sleeping and a trip to the new Walker Art Institute. Emily and I decided that art sucks. I suppose art is supposed to make you look at things in new ways and explore deeper meanings behind certain objects. Unfortunately, I looked at art in new ways and explored the deeper meaning of how much it sucks. Actually, I really did. I've got pages of stuff written about it now. It was deep. And meaningful.

Yesterday was Emily's birthday! Happy birthday, Emily! The gran 21. Of course, preparation for such an event is something that requires a significant amount of time! Like... 20 minutes, for example! Turns out that during the week, Metro area liquor stores close at 8pm. Bizarre. After making some phone calls, we managed to find a renegade store in the heart of the Minneapolis ghetto. Navigating a grumpy Jeep through some very high quality Minneapolis weather, we managed to hit up said establishment and procure some unsloppy slop (grip). Good times ensued! Link was there, the Swedish Gopher was there (and thoroughly housed). Roommates, friends, cousins... all in abundance. We hit up "Drink," did a poor job of avoiding some crazy Iraqi who may or may not have found himself the victim of a lap dance or two (NOT by me), and generally had a good time on a snowy night.

Today was the first day of classes. I showed up for my 1 class at 9:45. It was about biosensing stuff and was 75 mins long. All we talked about was the syllabus. The entire time. I thought I was doing a good job of staying awake... but at one point found my eyes closed. Unfortunately, this was the very moment that the profs started talking about what your brain waves look like when you fall asleep to theirlecture. A quick eye pop confirmed it... they were looking at me. D'oh.

I rode the bus home for the first time ever. An interesting experience.

And then I slept.

A very long time.

And it was delicious.

Yeeeah...I don't remember any of that.

:-P

Bwahaha!

Thanks for everything!! Glad you could ROCK. And uhh...sorry about the coke spillage!

Man, that professor calling you out reminds me of my Optimization class. The lecture was on the material for the homework we had just turned in, which I had spent three hours teaching myself the night before. So I pull out the ol' newspaper.

A few minutes later I overhear, "This is a very interesting concept. It's even more interesting if you aren't reading the newspaper."

Awesome.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm ndNips
  • From Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
  • The Irish Gopher is an Advanced Ph.D Candidate at the University of Minnesota where he spends most of his time getting scalded while dressed up as a bunny. In his free time, he religiously stalks the University of Notre Dame football team as well as Steven P Jobs. Also, he is really bad at generating nicknames for people.
My profile

Blogroll

NDFB

Etc

Powered by Blogger