« Home | New Pantaloons » | Just the first day of class » | A Rose by Any Other Name » | Mybichael » | Christmas in the City of Lakes » | Bizarre » | MONKEY SPUNK » | What are you doing here? » | Defrocked » | Cue the Requiem- »

Week: Survived.

Well, folks, it is done. The first week of school has been completed with more wins than losses. I juggled around the schedule a fair amount and waited until today to actually buy my books, but it appears that the academic semester has really started, whether I like it or not.

In the meantime, a fair amount of rocktastical celebrating was accomplished in the fair streets of the 'polis, the likes of which can never be fully comprehended. Indeed, it took 2 full days of sleep, and only sleep, to recover. Intense.

The beginning of the week focused on the celebration of Em's bday. I'm sure I mentioned this in the last blog, but... I'm too lazy to check. Quick run down: The Swede was wasted. 2 morticians were there, one got pick up by a guy she could not pick out of a lineup. An Iraqi shoved a dollar bill down Emily's shirt. I saw some of the LA Clipper's in the bar. It snowed a lot. Aaaaand... craziness happened. Happy Birthday, chica!

Then on Thursday, it was time to celebrate the blue eyed Rambler Gopher's bday! We prepartied a bit, had some cake, threw some "graffiti," and wished the loveable gopher a good one. When we got to the bar, Link and I toasted to our good friend Mr. Leinenkugel... and the beer chair for cradling him so well. Festiveness occurred, much as you'd expect.Friday, a change of scenery was observed as I went to work and then to the company Christmas party. The spread was absolutely astonishing. Never before have I seen so much good food in one place before. Good people, great conversation, and amazing food. It was a shame that I suffered an allergic reaction to the wine, though. The wine... or perhaps the crab legs? It may have been the seafood ravioli, mustard vinaigrette, prime rib, shrimp, rainbow trout, or sushi, however. It is difficult to say, but I'm fairly certain that it was not the decadent raspberry cheesecake roll with whipped cream and berry drizzle, or the 7-layer chocolate de leche cake, or even the hand churned ice cream. Mmmm... anyway, the net result was furious coughing, burning eyes/throat, and general yuckness. I think that the second long island took care of that though, when we hit the 3rd bar of the pub crawl that night. In final celebration for the blue eyed one's birthday, we crawled around Dinkytown and had a blast. Some girl accused me of being 17. Mmm... she was attractive, though, so... anyway, we hit the Irish Pub, went to the Burrito Loco for one of the most odd Mexican dance parties I have ever seen, went by the Dinkytowner?, cast aside the "Kitty Kat Club," and ended up at the Library. I have to say that the Library was quite impressive. If for no reason other than the huge cube of LCD TVs hanging from the ceiling. Too bad they were all showing hockey. Some delicious pizza was had, courtesy of our good friend Shuey of yore, and finally the night was called.

I'm pretty sure I spent 90% of Saturday and Sunday in bed, waking only to make some delicious food and to drag Emily to the Granite City Brewery where the waitress insulted me for my excellent beverage selection. Her tip was reduced.

Normally people just don't like that because they don't realize it's so dark! Because opaque is...white. *mumble mumble mumble*

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm ndNips
  • From Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
  • The Irish Gopher is an Advanced Ph.D Candidate at the University of Minnesota where he spends most of his time getting scalded while dressed up as a bunny. In his free time, he religiously stalks the University of Notre Dame football team as well as Steven P Jobs. Also, he is really bad at generating nicknames for people.
My profile

Blogroll

NDFB

Etc

Powered by Blogger