« Home | Defrocked » | Cue the Requiem- » | Grab Bag » | Ethinary » | Odd Brother » | Meat Bormons » | The iOff Departure » | Title. » | Thank you, God... » | Yeah, I own this place... »

What are you doing here?

"I... really don't know" was my answer this weekend as I attempted to check out the Dub scene. And an interesting scene it proved to be. Interesting.

It was a decent weekend. I decided to stretch out the newly retrieved iOFF's legs and head home to see the fam, et al. Friday was pretty chill and Saturday consisted mainly of chores and the like.

Saturday night I managed to find some old friends after hitting the delicious, delicious Acousmic and we headed out to some local bars, which, you may have guessed, are fairly disgusting. I saw a bunch of classmates that I haven't seen since graduation and hung out... good times, great lines: "Jared Andersen... right? No? Oh! Whaaat haaaaappened to you? You're sooo skinny"
Thanks.

Anyway, did the Dub scene until bar closing (which is at 1am. Ridiculous.) and drove over to Wisconsin to keep it up for another hour. OH, GOD, as if Wisconsin didn't suck enough already, George's in Wisconsin has solidified my hatred of that God forsaken state. Honestly... if it wasn't there, the only thing people would notice is how quickly they could get from Minneapolis to Chicago.

Afterwards, we went over to someone's house... who just happened to grow up about 20 yards from my house. How many words have I ever exchanged with her? I'm thinking 2. I'm a friendly guy. I also taught some poor drunkard how to skull a beer and yell like a pirate. Yarr! Shortly afterwards, I convinced him that his name was Ice Man... and that he had to bite down after "Ice" every time he said his name. And thus he was born: The Scientologist Pirate. That continued until he got sufficiently annoying, someone stripped him, and a group of women threw him in a bed. The end.

Made it home by 4:00am with enough sleep to take in all the victories the weekend had to offer: Irish, Gophers, Vikes, and (ugh) the Pack. Good work, squad.

Yarr.

Stripping? Group of women? Throwing him into bed? Sounds familiar.

I get dibs on the shirt!!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm ndNips
  • From Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
  • The Irish Gopher is an Advanced Ph.D Candidate at the University of Minnesota where he spends most of his time getting scalded while dressed up as a bunny. In his free time, he religiously stalks the University of Notre Dame football team as well as Steven P Jobs. Also, he is really bad at generating nicknames for people.
My profile

Blogroll

NDFB

Etc

Powered by Blogger