Thank you, God...
The IRISH are back, baby! And I was there to witness their incredible homecoming! The echoes have been awakened! The thunder was shaken down! This is ND football!! What an amazing game to attend!
I knew it was going to be a breakout game... how could it not?? My string of luck last week left me very confident that this year's squad would make the Rock proud. Well, except for the whole car getting smashed in, 2 lousy tests, general suckiness things... sooo... I suppose that I mean to say that I was due! Yes, I was overdue for positive karmic swing.
Anticipating said realignment of the stars, I trekked off for a little 9 hour jaunt across the countryside. Tooling along at 85, the little iOff put its heart and soul into relocating me under the golden dome as we ripped up the biways across Wisconsin. Nevermind my harrowing journey through the wasteland known as the northern Chicago suburbs, as I was nailbitingly low on gasoline... that just added to the excitement! After finally hitting O'hare, I wisked away Lizett and rocketted towards the 'Bend. I am absolutely certain that it is legal to pull a U-ey over the cement barrier, 2 El tracks, and a second barrier... unfortunately, what I actually did may not have been quite so legal. Oh, what a bittersweet relationship we have, Chicago... if only we could work on your communication skills. Like... WHERE'S THE FREAKIN' ONRAMP FOR THE SKYWAY."I'm sorry, we don't have Jag or Red Bull": Legends = Lame.
Saturday, Ball woke up way too early to secure a ridiculous tailgating spot... which I obligingly sauntered over to at about 9:30. Snagged a couple Silver Bullets, chatted it up with some alumni, foolishly believed I could get Barry to provide a Barry Rub performance, and generally kicked back. It was good being able to see everybody again, or at least to witness a quality table theft.
So Scooby hid from us. Dave and I were thwarted in our mission to pummel him, but the defense wasn't so bad. It's always good to see the ol' tones. I got to meet all the noobs and give them some crap. Kinx may have given me some crap. I may have been unable to read the screen on my cell phone. Sometimes these things happen.
Unlike this thing: Honestly, I don't know how NBC missed it, but God himself was wandering campus Saturday morning. No, no... not like the Rock, Bon Jovi, or Brad Pitt were... no, he was really there. I heard his halo was pretty cool. Poor sucker, though... he dropped his student ticket on the ground near the library! I bet he was pissed when Mal picked it up and gave it to me! Unsigned! I mean, come on now, God. Have some self respect... So I got in.
Yes, I got in.
Sure, I had to wait a while until some schlub got so visibly fed up with me standing in his way that he let me have some bench space, but it was completely worth it. Right along with denying myself food or water the entire game so as to not give up my spot. In the student section. In Notre Dame Stadium. As the Trojans nearly fell.
That evening was pretty chill. We hung out in the navel of the world (With deference to Gary's title), paid $8 for a beer, and generally had a great time with great friends. Dems da stuff.As is Nick's, I've now learned. A quality dining experience was had Sun morning before we sat campus down for its annual school picture and booked it for Chitown. Good times were had.
I drove to the Dub to give the weezing iOff a break and hit Mini-a-polis in the morning to find that the drunk punks next door had vandalized my bicycle. Class? Naaahhh.
...and my shoes are wearing out. The transpo gods are pissed. Oose?
Post a Comment