The Bank
This year, the Big Ten opened its first new stadium since 1960 on the East Bank of the University of Minnesota campus. The venue was built to accommodate the Golden Gopher football team, which opened the complex with a win over the Air Force Academy, as well as the band, the hockey team (occasionally), and Olympic soccer (torpedoed along with Chicago's bid). There is seating for 50,805 spectators, expandable to 80,000 in the TCF Bank Stadium. Somewhat surprisingly, it is actually an awesome venue. Too bad the gophers suck just so incredibly hard. Oh, you open the 2010 season with USC in "The Bank?" Good luck with that. Kiffin bait.
Anyway, I was invited to go on a stadium tour to see "nooks of the stadium that will never be seen by the public again!" Instead, I waited in the freezing cold for 45 minutes before they allowed me to come in and see, you guessed it, the Concourse. No, no... half of the Concourse. It was a beautiful little Concourse. Concourse.
Oh, and by pure chance, there happened to be a long line of "outreach" exhibits coincidentally lining said Concourse. Nothing like waiting in line just to be subjected to a bunch of crappy U propaganda. Yeah, I was not pleased.
Anyway, here are some pictures.
Anyway, I was invited to go on a stadium tour to see "nooks of the stadium that will never be seen by the public again!" Instead, I waited in the freezing cold for 45 minutes before they allowed me to come in and see, you guessed it, the Concourse. No, no... half of the Concourse. It was a beautiful little Concourse. Concourse.
Oh, and by pure chance, there happened to be a long line of "outreach" exhibits coincidentally lining said Concourse. Nothing like waiting in line just to be subjected to a bunch of crappy U propaganda. Yeah, I was not pleased.
Anyway, here are some pictures.
That's a big "M"
Everybody is so excited to finally get in!
Nice scoreboard.
Umm... intentionally B/W?
Hee hee
"Proud" benefactor
Just taking a look at this...
...skyway? To nowhere? What?
I love your little sh*t grin on the last photo.
Posted by
Ashley |
9:00 AM
Heh. Didn't know you were an Olympic hurdler. Sponsored by North Face and Notre Dame?
Posted by
Ryan |
2:02 PM